We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
107 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

I'm interested in buying this card for my family of four going to Florence in June. We have two teens and i'm wanting to buy this maximize our time and see all the sights.

My two questions are if i buy this does this avoid all the long lines at Ufizzi and Academia? Or will i still wait?

Second, should i hire a guide and they can show us these and other places and maybe they help with tickets and i won't need the Friends of Venice card.

Thanks so much!!!

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
9,825 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

The link to the right under FAQ's has the information for pre-booking the Uffizi and Accademia (skipping the lines). There's also information on open/close days and hours. I've not experienced any lines at any other location.

Are your teens under 18? If so, they're free for State Museums.

You really don't need a guide, with a good guidebook you can easily visit Florence which is really quite compact and walkable. I like DK Eyewitness and there are maps which you can use in addition to the one your hotel will give you.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 22:20
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
107 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

Sorry i'm trying to see about the Friends of Venice card. It has an italian name. Amici something…

I searched the forum and i get there are two different cards. It seems there are still lines with one and it seemed the Friends of Venice card there were no,t so it would be worth it. I'm there at peak tourist time in June.

Also, i don't want the three day thing as we may go into florence one day, do a day trip, then florence etc for our week there. The Friends card seemed to help make this a year or month card and not just three days.

So if anyone can help whether this card does that please let me know.

I may get a guide to help the place come alive and educate my teens. If the card bypasses the lines then i'll decide if i need a guide or not.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,608 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

perhaps you were thinking of the Amici dei Uffizi? it is valid for one year Jan-Dec, year of issue, €100 for family (2 adults, 2 children under 18) and includes admission to several state museums and you get priority entrance, ie skip the line, which is very helpful for the Uffizi

www.amicidegliuffizi.it/diventa_socio.php…

haven't heard of the Friends of Venice membership

Severn, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

Does anyone no for sure if I have to pre-book at time at the Accademia, so I can skip the lines with the Amici degli Uffizi card? I think there was a change to the skip the line process this year.

With the Amici degli Uffizi card I know I can skip the line at the Uffizi for sure but I read that they stop allowing people to skip the Accademia lines with this card.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 23:09
Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

Have been trying hard to post about Firenze Card vs Amici do Uffizi. Forum closed due to inactivity when last post was just a few days ago! We were all set to buy Uffizi card when I read on their site that only at Uffizi do you skip the ticket lines. It says you have to line up for free tickets at other museums. This makes it worthless for avoiding lines. So we got the Florence card even though it's only good for 72 hours and we are here 6 days. So far it's ok tho we are disappointed to find few wifi hotspots. Access to wifi was one of the reasons we got the Firenze Card and I have yet to connect. It's also good for the city buses. That may come on handy as rain is predicted.

Edited: 19 April 2014, 03:28
6. Re: Friends of Florence card for upcoming trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:17