We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton Cleveleys...
7 posts
Save Topic
Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Hi the hubby and I are looking at renewing our vows/having marriage blessed when we come to florence in October. I have searched the old posts - none are particularly recent and when I google it loads of wedding planners pop up.

I am looking at just the 2 of us and wanted a small church/chapel ideally (we are not catholic) - something small an intimate. No need for fancy transport, flowers, hairdresser. Just something really simple.

The wedding planners are quite ££££ and was just after some recent advice about how to go about contacting a church and which churches...

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
8,719 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

hi: i really don't know what is possible but when i read your post i thought of San Miniato ....

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187895-d1…

then again, you might be wishing for something in the city/one of the neighborhood churches.....good luck!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Not being funny, but if you are not Catholics, why would you want to do this in a Catholic Church in Florence? I am no expert on this subject, but I think it will be difficult. Be prepared for the usual onslaught of wedding planners :(.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,689 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

I'm with Pericloso...

You are not Catholic, but you want to go to Florence to have a church ceremony?

I don't get it....

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
11,716 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Try St. James, an American Episcopal/Anglican church in Florence: http://stjames.it/

Edited: 18 April 2014, 08:40
Thornton Cleveleys...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Thank you els travels.

I mentioned in my post that hubby and I are not catholic. I am aware most of the churches are catholic however there will be anglican churches.

The plans were a short break to florence to celebrate our anniversary, not to go to florence for the sole purpose of renewing vows in a catholic church. Renewing our vows has been an after thought. I am aware we wouldn't be able to have a blessing in a catholic church without being of catholic faith.

I have found St.Marks Anglican Church in florence who offer wedding vow renewals and have emailed them.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
8,979 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

Good. St.Marks is a nice place and a good 'community centre' for anglophones. We went to an opera evening there in January and had a super time.

7. Re: Renewing Wedding Vows/blessing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:16