We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence in November

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Florence in November

We will be in Florence the 2nd week of November. I’ve been reading the Florence forum and I have many questions. But I’ll ask just two now to limit my confusion. I know that we will have to book visits to the Uffizi and probably the Accademia. In November, how far ahead of the visit to these two galleries do I need to book? Some of the other museums that we will visit also recommend or require bookings, some of these are the Brancacci Chapel, the Riccardi-Chapel at Plazzo Medici and the Galeria Palatina. Do I need to book these other museums in November? More bookings takes some flexibility out of our sightseeing schedule, so if it’s not necessary I’d like not to. Thanks.

arewin

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,280 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence in November

You do not need to book any of those other museums in November. Yes, the Brancacci Chapel operates a timed entry system, but you will be able to get in on the next entry, so buy the tickets then pop in the main church Santa Maria del Carmine while you wait the 10 - 15 mins or so until your actual entry time. I would suggest that you phone to book the Uffizi and Accademia. If you do it this way you only pay when you pick up the reservations. Therefore, on the day if the ordinary line is very small then just don't pick up the reservations and pay for an ordinary ticket only. If there is a significant line you will happily pay the extra 4 euros for your reservation to skip it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence in November

Peggypatch,

Thanks for confirming what I thought would be the case, and for the suggestion about the Uffizi and Accademia.

arewin

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence in November

I visit all the galleries you plan on seeing most Novembers and never pre-book, though you may prefer to take Peggy's sound advice and reserve at the Uffizi and Accademia to avoid even a short wait. Maybe it's just me but I rarely ever meet anyone else in the Palazzo Medici Riccardi, and the Palantine is invariably extremely quiet too. You don't want to see the Bargello? Although it doesn't have David, I personally find that more interesting than Accademia. The Museo San Marco is another must-see in my book if you are seriously interested in art.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence in November

lastraniera,

Thanks for the information. Yes we will visit the Bargello and San Marco and quite a few more. In fact, as usual we will probably try to do too much, but I didn't want to list all the museums in Florence in my post. Thanks again.

arewin

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence in November

You would not need to book at all

The worst that could happen would be a small queue

I have a house nearby and have been going to Florence for 20 years, you will not have aproblem

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence in November

Actually the Bargello does have David (Donatello's).

Anyway, I agree you have to book nothing but the Uffizi and the Accademia, IF and just if you really want to visit them: it is not compulsory, especially if you don't want to list all the museums of Florence.

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florence in November

Of course it does and personally I prefer Donatello's but somehow most people want to see the other one!

8. Re: Florence in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15