We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ymm
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
316 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

Hello TA friends! I have the very fortunate opportunity to be in Florence for 30 days, and I do like the idea of having a card that lets one avoid waiting in lines. Is there any such longer-term tourist card? Alternately, are there particular days/times to visit the central museums as I have flexibility in scheduling?

Also, if I'm correct, the bus tickets are sold on 10-ticket cards? Do these expire within a certain amount of time, or can I use 2 for a roundtrip one day and then use 2 more a week later, as needed?

Thanks for the help!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,120 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

You might look at this : www.amicidegliuffizi.it/diventa_socio.php…

Unless you are out in the boondocks, you probably won't need to use public transport in the city. Florence is very compact.

ymm
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
316 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

Thank you Pericoloso! That does look promising. It seems to include admission to virtually every place I might like to visit. Is there anything I'm missing, that is not included?

Also, has anyone used it? I would be getting this card primarily for the ability to not stand in line, not to save money, because it is rather expensive for the number of places I could take advantage of. With the card, can I really just walk straight in at any time, or is there still a separate line for such pass holders to enter?

Thanks for any info!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,120 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

The only places you will have to queue are Uffizi, Accademia and, occasionally, Pitti Palace. You can definitely 'skip the line' at the Uffizi, but the Accademia seems to depend on the mood of the staff at the time.

If you are staying a month, I can't imagine anything more suitable than this card, because you can visit each of the sites as many times as you like.

ymm
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
316 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

I think I will get this card for the reason you mentioned - to visit them as many times as I'd like. Instead of dedicating several hours to a site at a time, it would be nice to do a short visit to one area and then return for another area of the Uffizi would be great.

Thanks for the link!

5. Re: Anything like Firenze card for a month long stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 05:15