We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour medical help in Florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicestershire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
24 hour medical help in Florence

I'll be spending a week in Florence with my family at the end of May and would feel much better if I knew where to find 24 hour medical care in case there's an emergency. I have health anxiety and hate the idea of my kid falling ill in the night and not knowing where to go! :)

Thank you!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

Where will you be staying? If in a hotel with 24 hour reception, they will call a doctor for you. If you are not, the medical emergency number is 118 - it might have changed but your hotel or landlord should be able to advise you.

If you are out and about, ask for "The Pronto Soccorso", which is similar to our A&E and outpatients department. A taxi can take you there.

Don't forget your European Health Insurance Card and travel insurance.

Rest assured, that health care in Italy is excellent. When my son was fourteen, he was taken ill in Florence, the hotel called an English speaking doctor who referred him to the Pronto Soccorso at the Santa Maria Nuova hospital and I don't think anyone could have found fault with the care he received. The hospital was founded in the thirteenth century, but don't let the old building put you off, the facilities are modern and and the care is first class.

I hope this helps a bit - enjoy your holiday!

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

That's really helpful, thank you so much! We're stopping in an apartment so it seemed a good idea to get to know the procedure. I really appreciate the help, thanks!

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

Another thing, pharmacists are a great first stop for advice and if they can't help, they are able to put you in the right direction.

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

I confirm that the number for medical emergencies is 118, you can call it for free from your mobile even of you don't have roming or if you don't have a SIM card on it.

Turin
Level Contributor
5,401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

Thanks to the British consulate, list of English speaking doctors in Florence and other useful information:

http://goo.gl/53BIhC

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

Thanks everyone for all your help. Great advice and really set my mind at rest.

7. Re: 24 hour medical help in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17