We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see upon my Arrival in Florence in the afternoon

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
What to see upon my Arrival in Florence in the afternoon

A couple of questions.

What would you suggest I see upon my arrival by train from Rome on a Saturday afternoon. I'm sure everything will be busy by then. I can leave my luggage at the train station for a while. I haven't booked my train but I was going to book ii mid morning.

I'm in Florence 4 nights. I was thinking of doing a wine tour on the Sunday and then taking the bus to Siena on the Monday. Wondering if the bus system will be the same on Sunday and Monday. I thought maybe there would be less tourists on Mondays but it may not matter in June.

I will then also have a full day to explore Florence on the Tuesday.

Tierra Verde...
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see upon my Arrival in Florence in the afternoon

Your plan sounds fine. It will be crowded every day of the week in June. Monday is a good day NOT to be in Florence because many sites and museums are closed.

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see upon my Arrival in Florence in the afternoon

thank you. After looking at few online sites for Sienna and San G it maybe best to do those towns on Monday since they open later on Sundays. I might do a wine toor on the Sunday.

3. Re: What to see upon my Arrival in Florence in the afternoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17