We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

I want to stop in Pisa on the way to Cinque Terre. How far is the Leaning Tower from the train station? Should I pre reserve the train to Cinque Terra? If I purchase the skip the line tickets to go up the tower, just wondering how much time I should give myself.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

Hi,

I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question but was wondering if you are traveling on your own, where you're going, by what means of transport and where do you plan to stay? I only ask these questions because I hope to visit these places when I go on my own next month...

Good Luck and Thank you!

Letti :)

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

It is about 10 mins on the LAM Rossa bus from Pisa Centrale. Depends on your train you cannot pre reserve a regional train you just buy a ticket and validate it before boarding. You can also pick up regional trains to La Spezia and onwards to the Cinque Terre from Pisa San Rossore which is quite near to the tower. You should also give yourself time to see the Doumo and the Baptistry which also form part of the campo di miracoli along with The Tower.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

Hello. I was just there last week and happened to get off on the wrong station and ended up right by the leaning tower. If you are going towards Pisa Centrale, the station right before it will get you closer to the tower. Once you get off the train ask someone where the tower is. It's less than a 10 minute walk. Hope that helps.

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
9,985 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

hi: the train from Florence to Pisa is a little over an hour. The train from Pisa to Le Spezia/Cinque Terre is about 1.45 hrs (not counting transfer in Le Spezia for CT destination). The train from Florence straight to Le Spezia is about 3 hrs, one way.

So, if people wish to 'stop in Pisa on the way to the Cinque Terre'...one should plan at least 15 minutes each way walking from Pisa train station to the Field of Miracles and at least 1 hour to explore the site.... so, all together about 4.5 hrs that day before settling in a CT village.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,473 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

With regard to reply 2, Pisa San Rossore is only the station before Pisa Centrale if you have taken a train via Lucca - note that this route is a higher fare. Otherwise it is the station after Pisa Centrale, but only a few trains on the direct route from Florence to Pisa call there.

With regard to reply 3, the train time from Pisa to the Cinque Terre varies according to speed and type of train. For example, a direct Intercity train from Pisa Centrale to Monterosso takes one hour and ten minutes.

Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

Thank for the great info. If I need to leave my luggage at the train station, I'm assuming I should go to Pisa Centrale. It might be best not to prebook a train to Cinque Terra and take a local train. I love these foums!

7. Re: Florence to Pisa to Cinque Terre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:17