We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence visit - what to wear?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Royalton, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Florence visit - what to wear?

My husband and I are going to Florence on Tuesday for ten days. From what I have seen, the daytime weather there is going to be in the 80's. What should we wear? For me, are shorts or crop pants appropriate? The same for my husband, are shorts OK? We will be taking several tours so I'm sure we'll be going into various churches. Please advise -

Thanks much,

Sue

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
11,393 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence visit - what to wear?

Shorts are fine as long as they reach the knees or just below. Shoulders should always be covered if going into churches.

Comfortable walking shoes and a hat and sunscreen for protection.

No Worries, Be comfortable and enjoy.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence visit - what to wear?

I find a big, light weight scarf/shawl is handy - you can throw it round your shoulders if you are going into a church, or its useful to keep the sun off if you are prone to sunburn.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence visit - what to wear?

With ten days in Florence, take advantage of the old custom of avoiding the early-afternoon sun. Get an early start each day, have lunch and maybe a siesta after noon, and venture out again later.

The weather might be like that of your home town in late June. It is unusually warm for Florence in late May. I had to check the forecasts before I believed your original post.

We prefer to wear the lightest-weight tops and bottoms we have. No shorts or t-shirts for us, out on the street. Be prepared for sudden rainstorms.

-- Steve

4. Re: Florence visit - what to wear?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:17