We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

Cape Town, Western...
Level Contributor
96 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

We will be in Florence in June and would like to visit either the Palazzo Vecchio or the Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens. Which is the better of the two? In reading the Tripadvisor reviews I tend to like Palazzo Vecchio more. What is your view if you have visited both.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

There is no "better".

Which you like is which you like.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,636 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

Can't help either, both are really worth visiting. Depends what you are looking for

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

It's a difficult one, that's for sure. I know it's a predictable answer, but have a look at a guide book and see which one you think you would find most interesting.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
402 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

I'll have a go at explaining, both are very different, Pitti Palace houses the Palatine Gallery that has the most amazing collection of art (I've spent hours here), also has some royal rooms and is very interesting if you like art and architecture (some would say combining this gallery and the Uffizi on the same day would be overwhelming) . The Boboli Gardens is expansive and you can easily spend hours exploring this and the neighbouring Bardini Gardens (free entry from the Boboli). The Palazzo Vecchio has it own very interesting rooms and history and is worth taking a guided tour which are free, I did 2 on the same day but can't remember (at this moment) what they were called. You need to book these for a small booking fee.

Because I'm interested in art my preference is for the Pitti but you might have other interests and/or children that may mean the Vecchio is more attractive. Hope this helps.

Cape Town, Western...
Level Contributor
96 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

Yes thank you very much for the info Bellaitalia. I was looking for somebody that visited both and can give some insight. Like every body also says, it depends what we like. They both certainly sound interesting. regards (we will be leaving next week-end - can't wait! - first Turkey and then Italy)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

We visited both when we had a short break in Florence last week, and we both preferred Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens, but we had nice weather and I would imagine if it is raining the gardens are not as fun to walk round. The Palazzo Vecchio was interesting and the walk to the top was worth the views. Have a good trip.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

Are you strictly limited for time? If not, definitely visit them both. Have a picnic lunch in the Boboli - I do that whenever I'm in Florence.

8. Re: Palazzo Vecchio or Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16