We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 nights in florence

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
4 nights in florence

Wife and I are active seniors thinking of Florence in late September. We like things of beauty but don't want to spend all day every day in museums.When we went to Venice we did museums, churches etc in the mornings and then went on a waterbus trip to one of the islands for the afternoon. (We enjoyed the sitting down looking at the views.) How do we plan Florence and surrounds? Trains, buses and boats are fine. hat must we see? Where best to stay?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,293 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 nights in florence

You can take a day excursion to Siena or San Gimignano by bus www.busfox.com/timetable

To Lucca by bus www.vaibus.com/pdf.orari/EXTRAURB_001.pdf

www.discovertuscany.com www.lucca.ca

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
8,721 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 nights in florence

hi: four nights/3 days! Wonderful...firstly, i suggest getting a good guidebook on Florence. The DK series is appealing for it's graphics, color pictures and street maps but the best one (to me) is by Lonely Planet called "Florence Encounters"...it's a pocket guidebook yet filled to brimming with fabulous information & pictures on each of Florence's neighborhoods as well as the city center and has how-to's, walks, gardens, restaurants, wine-bars, eateries, piazzas, museums/sites....etc. I highly recommend making a list of what sounds good to you and a draft itinerary and then bring it back to the forum for guidance.

When we were in Florence I quasi-grouped our adventures, i.e., museum/site days neighborhood/market days, gardens/hiking days, free explore day, etc. It helped to focus our time and we certainly did so much more than just going to famous museums and/or sites....Florence has so much to offer; a little research will provide you with tons of opportunity. Also...with only 3 days in Florence, it's difficult to recommend taking a day-trip somewhere but if you're of the mind, a full-day in Siena or Lucca (each an easy hours' bus/train ride away) would be fabulous.

3. Re: 4 nights in florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:15