We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uffizi opinion

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
uffizi opinion

I know everyone is different but In your opinion how much tine to spend

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
10,430 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uffizi opinion

hi: it would help you if you read a little bit (see link) about what is in certain rooms, so you can skip ones that you're not interested in. It really depends upon how you like to look at and absorb Renaissance art and the great masters.....if your reserved time is when they first open, it will be much nicer than even one hour later. ....2 hrs is the usual minimum.....do read up a bit to see if you even wish to visit the Uffizi...

This link will let you look at what's in this museum, floor by floor:

uffizi.com/painting-collection-rooms-uffizi-…

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,564 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uffizi opinion

It really depends on whether you care. Each time that we go to Florence, i visit the Uffizi twice for about 2-3 hours each time, I love it. But it is easy to see that someone might not love it. If you don't love it, then my advice is to not go at all - there is too much else that is wonderful in Florence.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,547 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uffizi opinion

We have been many times and consider it a 3-4 hour museum. We often break it up with a coffee on the roof.

You could see the highlights in two hours if you are not long lookers -- we do tend to spend some time with our favorites.

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uffizi opinion

thanks very much

great answers to difficult question

again thanks pop

5. Re: uffizi opinion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 07:16