We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Siena and Lucca in one day

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Siena and Lucca in one day

Hi

We are going to Florence in July for 3 days and wish to visit both Siena and Lucca, are these possible to get to for 1/2 day visits?

Thanks

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Level Contributor
8,658 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

Yes, but not on the same day as the travel between them takes too long. With only three days in Florence you will be missing out on Florence in order to do this.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
224 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

Have not been to Lucca but visited Siena and have to say a full day in Siena was even not enough. Can't see how you can do both, particularly when you have to consider travel as well. There is just so much to do and see in Siena that a ½ day would be an injustice to yourselves. Have heard Lucca is equally as charming for a full day.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

Thanks both. Yes as I suspected can only do 1, I visited Siena many years ago but my friend hasn't so this time round we will head there only and have an excuse to come back to Tuscany again :-)

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

Flip a coin! They're both marvelous, and very different. And yes: it gives you a darned fine excuse for returning.

Forestville, CA
Level Contributor
10,414 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

these are not possible to visit on the same day....at least not with any amount of pleasure. They are also completely different cities....Lucca is lovely, charming, intimate and walkable with wide-tree lined streets, a fabulous ramparts around the city for strolling/bicycling, great food, towers to climb, lovely churches, music festivals, literary events/bookstores.....for me, Siena is a magical medieval city with a most stunningly beautiful cathedral and incredibly poetic Campo....history galore. Compelling. And at sunset, awash in a golden hue. I'd go back in a heart-beat.

6. Re: Siena and Lucca in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:17