We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Northamptonshire...
2 posts
Save Topic
Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some advice from people who have been to language schools in Florence recently this year, as I am looking to enrol but am travelling alone for the first time so as you can imagine I am just nervous about which school to apply to and would just like to hear some reviews about them?

The 2 I have looked into are Michelangelo Institute and Itstituto Italiano. I only have a very brief knowledge of the language as only started weekly lessons 2 or so months ago so I'm a beginner.

Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,738 reviews
from US$112.60*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,322 reviews
from US$122.60*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$112.60*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
303 reviews
from US$100.10*
Adelaide
Level Contributor
431 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

I have had some of my students (young adults) from Australia at the Eurocentre in Florence over the past few years and they have all enjoyed the experience and reached the desired language levels. The school can arrange accommodation in home stays as well, the 3 who chose this option seemed to enjoy it.

I have no knowledge of the 2 schools you describe but from my experience many language schools in Florence (and eleswhere) are very similar and need to have the correct licenses to operate. It is an distinct advantage that you have some of the basic vocab & grammer under your belt (verb tenses, pronouns, articles etc) before you start or it can be overwhelming as they teach almost exculsively in Italian.

Hope this hepls.

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Hi,

I am looking at doing the same thing! It's abit overwhelming with the amount if choice. When are you looking at going?

Northamptonshire...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Hi

I finally decided to go with Michelangelo; pretty much because there was more flexibility with start dates! Because there are so many choices and they all offer the same thing, the prices are about the same too...so I just decided to go with what suited my timings more!Plus, I found them to be very helpful and quickly responded to my (many) emails. I'm still very nervous mind you!

I'm going out during in August

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Hi, Have you decided on a school. I will be attending the Istituto Italiano in October that was recommended by some one that went there.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
6 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

The Language school "Parola" a street over from Santa Croce is another wonderful option. I took a month-long class there and was extremely happy with staff, teachers, and structure. Plus, if you need a student visa, they will assist you with that as well!

6. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline requiring that all messages be written in English. It is not possible for the forum staff to provide translations. Foreign language comments exclude many readers from obtaining what may be pertinent information, which defeats the purpose of an open forum.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 20:53
Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

Hi,

How did you enjoy Michelangelo? I am looking at booking for 2 weeks in March 2015 and am a bit nervous about heading over by myself! where did you stay and how was it?

thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

I am also planning on doing a 2 week course in March this year and was leaning toward Michelangelo as well. I would love to know how you liked it.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

In the meantime, check out duolingo.com.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Italian Language Schools in Florence-which one?

I am curious to read any comments from above travelers who attended classes at the Michelangelo Insititue in Florence. My interest is the 50+ class offering. I spent over 3 hours reading and comparing schools in Florence that offer similar programs and on the facts read, feel that the Michelangelo Institute offered flexibility in class dates and accomodations plus appeared to support weekly actiavites and weekday and weekend excursions. Any replies or opinions would be welcome!