We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

Hello,

I tried to purchase tickets online for advanced timed entry through the link below. When I pulled up that date however, the next window displayed:

Accademia, Luck of the Primitives

- Sep 7: freeware/free, but with a 4 Euro price.

Does this mean that that day is free, but we would need to pay 4E as online surcharge to reserve a particular time slot?

Much thanks,

Miko

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffi...

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

Yes, I think that is right, but you really should book by 'phone :

When booking by telephone there are many more pros:

It is quick and easy (there is an English option); you speak to an actual human being; you do not need to pay upfront, you simply reserve your timed entry with a booking number; there are many more times and dates offered by phone than online.

For these reasons, booking by telephone is highly recommended.

The OFFICIAL Florence museum ticket buying website is:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/Uffi...

This is run in partnership with Firenze Musei (http://www.firenzemusei.it), the official body of Florence's State Museums (which include both the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries)

To book either museum by telephone with Firenze Musei: +39 055 294883 (take into account the time difference when phoning from overseas). The ticket reservation office is open until at least 5:30pm local time during the week, possibly later. The ticket reservation office is closed on Sundays.

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU HAVE BOOKED TICKETS

If you have booked your tickets, you will have received a booking number - this is essential information and your tickets cannot be picked up without this number.

*BY THE WAY, YOUR LINK DOESN'T WORK!*

Edited: 17 July 2014, 06:38
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

It is a a free day because it is the first Sunday of the month which now offer free entrance to state museums. I fear this means they will be even more crowded, so you definitely need to pay the 4 euro reservation price to book a time slot to jump the main queue.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,365 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

Yes, I thought that was the case, peggy, but I couldn't find a reference to it online. I think your advice is spot on. They do this in Paris (except for the peak Summer months) and the Louvre and Musée d'Orsay are always absolutely heaving on those Sundays.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

I don't think I like these new entrance conditions, the native over 65s have had a concessions taken away from them, which I don't think is very fair when under 18s from anywhere in the world can enter free.

I know that they have free entry, along with everyone else, on the first Sunday of the month - but as has already been said, the crowds will probably be unbearable.

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

I agree LadyB, I'm not happy with it either.

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

Thank you for the clarification. Will definitely get advanced tickets and will try to do it by phone!!

7. Re: Accademia Sep 7- Free day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15