We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of taxis in Florence

MA
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Use of taxis in Florence

I'm aware that vehicles are not allowed in certain areas. However, as our time is limited I'm wondering if it's possible to take a taxi between:

Santa Croce to Via Tornabuoni (no traffic on avenue so would they take us to Trinity bridge or other end of avenue? How long is Via Tornabuoni from one end to the other?

I had considered walking from bus station (arriving from Panzano) to Duomo but am now considering taxi. Is this possible?

Also, how about taxi from San Marco (frescos) to Bargello?

Thanks for your assistance.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,231 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of taxis in Florence

If you feel you need to take taxis for such short journeys, you must really be in a hurry! Taxis have permits to go into restricted zones. Walking from bus station to Duomo is 10 mins. San Marco to Bargello,15 mins. Santa Croce to Ponte della Trinita might be the only one where it would be worth it and bear in mind that the roads in the city are busy, so you aren't going to get there in 5 mins.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,573 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of taxis in Florence

I would guess 8-10 euros for the taxi, but if you walk it you will have 30-40 minutes of interesting experiences. Unless you press hard and walk fast and make it in 20 minutes with no fun along the way. We have found that almost every step of wandering about in Florence has something good to see and we were glad we didn't miss it.

The taxi will do a bit of bending back and forth, there's no avoiding it.

3. Re: Use of taxis in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 06:16