We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

As part of a September biking trip in Tuscany, I am also planning to visit Rome and Florence for several days. Can you recommend a good tour operator(s)? What is the link for their site to purchase tickets in advance? Thanks.

Queensland...
Level Contributor
119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

I hired Elena from Florence with Flair for when we visited Florence in June. She was amazing. Florence born and bred, but traveled and studied abroad she is very passionate and is able to share the fascinating history and culture of Florence in a very easy to listen, fun way. Great comminication prior to the tour, and was able to tailor in a few individual requests I wanted. A beautiful lady who knows her stuff!

In Rome, we did an amazing food tour with Gina from Concept tours walking through many back streets and older areas of Rome discovering amazing pizza, gelato, coffee, chocolate, cheeses, Jewish bakery etc along with a history of the area and foods. We did other tours in Rome but I would not recommend the guides:)

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
10,105 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

Have a look at this section :

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g187895-Activi…

Queensland...
Level Contributor
119 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

Oops it was Gina Tringali from Context tours (not concept tours) that we used for our Rome food tour. Amazing,

Orange County...
Level Contributor
71 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

When we were in Rome last September we did the Catacomb tour with Walks of Italy and very much enjoyed it. It was with a small group which made a huge difference.

http://www.walksofitaly.com/

You can also read my review of the Rome tour here on TA.

I have one booked for Florence next month with them!

Edited: 07 August 2014, 20:40
5. Re: Florence and Rome - Recommend a Good Tour Operator?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 05:16