We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

Kempton Park, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

We will be stationed in Florence, is it possible to do a day trip to Lake Como on the train.

Are there trains that go from Milan to Lake Como, how regular are they? Are there boat rides on Lake Como. What are the prices.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

Hi DawnGoodman,

The Support Forum is for assistance using the site, how to questions and technical support. I see you've posted on the Pisa destination forum and I'd suggest the same for your Florence question:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187895-i68-Florenc…

Here's the Lake Como Travel Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g187833-i496-Lake_C…

There's also a Train Travel Forum on TA....here's the main forums list:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ForumHome

Most forums have some very useful information in the Top Questions section upper right.

Have a good trip!

Regards,

L4

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

Hi Dawn,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support Forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Florence Forums. You can also post questions in the Milan and Lake Como forums, as per the suggestions offered above by LuckyFour.

I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,457 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

You cannot really do this as a day trip, as trains from Florence to Como take 3 to 3.5 hours each way. See www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag top change to English and looking fro trains from Firenze SM Novella to Como S Giovanni.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

You could travel from Florence to Milan, then take a regional train to Varenna, which is on Lake Como. From Varenna, you can take a variety of boats to other towns.

Travel time would be just under 3 hours, going this way. I also think it is a very long day trip.

5. Re: Florence to Milan to Lake Como return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 06:16