We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still not clear how to get onto SR222 from Florence.

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Still not clear how to get onto SR222 from Florence.

Hi leaving tomorrow for Italy and after going through my notes I'm still confused how to get onto SR222 in order to get to Greve in Chianti from Firenze Sud. I think I travel to Firenze Sud but after that not sure. Some directions say Impruneta, others Bagno A Ripoli. Will appreciate any help. I have a Michelin Tuscany map but would prefer hearing from you.

Many thanks.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still not clear how to get onto SR222 from Florence.

The best route using the SR222 to get to Greve is to exit the motorway at "Firenze Impruneta" rather than "Firenze Sud".

- exit Firenze Impruneta - very shortly after leaving the motorway you'll come to a roundabout (feel free to drive around it more than once if you can't spot your exit!). Take the exit to Tavarnelle (Via Cassia), but at Tavarnelle continue on Via Cassia (don't turn left onto SP 69). At Falciani, turn left onto the Via Chiantigiani towards Ferrone and Greve. From there you can't really go wrong. At Passo dei Pecorai, I take the right (straight ahead) road along the river Greve (less traffic, no hill, less curves) although the GPS will point you uphill to the left to save 5 minutes. There's no difference effectively.

- exit Firenze Sud (this is after the Impruneta exit if you're coming from the north or the airport) watch for the signs for Grassina (you actually exit to the north and then pass under the motorway to reach Grassina). Simply drive through Grassina (home of the perpetual traffic jam) and follow SR222 towards Ugolino, Strada, Chiocchio etc. This route is easy to follow but slightly confusing to find at the start.

Both routes are very scenic once you leave the exurbs of Florence.

The map here will help you: http://www.chianti.info/map_of_chianti.htm

Edited: 19 August 2014, 20:16
MA
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still not clear how to get onto SR222 from Florence.

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to provide such explicit directions as well as map. I truly appreciate it. Again, many thanks.

3. Re: Still not clear how to get onto SR222 from Florence.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 05:17