We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arancini in Florence?

Manhattan Beach...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Arancini in Florence?

My husband is always talking about the delicious rice balls that he had as a kid. During our trip to Florence in October, I would like to surprise him by taking him to a restaurant that serves them. Does anyone have a recommendation of a restaurant in Florence that sells them?

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arancini in Florence?

I looked for them last year in Florence, didn't find any. I think they're more of a 'southern' snack, I remember finding some in Naples but they weren't as delicious as the ones in Sicily.

Hope someone recommends a place because I'm returning to Florence next month.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arancini in Florence?

Yes, more of a southern Italy food. That being said, you can try here:

Il Re Gelato – via Filippo Strozzi 8/r (I know, hard to believe a gelateria would have great Arancini but I think it is because the owners are Sicilian).

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arancini in Florence?

Thanks Cat7115, it's not too far my hotel! Excellent.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
2,528 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arancini in Florence?

I have never tried them...but my two teen boys LOVE them...!!

And I think (but I could be very wrong...) that Coquinarius near the Duomo has them on their menu.

Edited: 24 August 2014, 16:44
Mentioned in this post
Coquinarius
Coquinarius
2,026 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arancini in Florence?

If you go to Il Re Gelato don't miss the opportunity to tryst every unique flavors of gelati.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
2,675 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arancini in Florence?

I want to say I've had delicious arancini at Trattoria I Due G near the train station. If not, I've enjoyed several good meals there. It's a bit off the beaten path but not too far out of the way. Located at Via Bernardo Cennini, 6r.

You might also try Osteria Cipolla Rossa, Via die Conti, 53r. Might have had them there as well.

I am also an arancini lover!

Mentioned in this post
Osteria Cipolla Rossa
Osteria Cipolla Rossa
1,840 Reviews
Florence, Italy
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Messina, Bratislava, London
Level Contributor
2,248 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arancini in Florence?

As a Sicilian living in Florence, I can tell you that you will not find good "Arancini" in town.

With so much local food, I wouldn't bother to spend time and money for something average.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
8. Re: Arancini in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2015, 05:15