We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Hello Everyone :)

I am travelling alone to Florence next month , I am staying at via cavour area and I might have to walk at night to Restaurants nearby , I will be walking for like 15 mnts let's say toward via Ghibellina or other .

Is it safe for a Girl to Walk alone at night in that area ?

Thank you in advance for your Replies :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,967 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Yes.

Boston...
Level Contributor
110 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Yes. It is safe. I've walked the center of Florence alone at much later times and felt safer than I do at home in the USA.

Florence, Toscana...
Level Contributor
5 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

yes it is...

i live near via ghibellina, there is just some young guy drunked, but not dangerous. :)

write me if u need some tip

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Thank you Very Much for your Replies :) I always Travel alone and Safety is a Priority to Me :)

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
9,236 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

You are right to ask, Lilo, but you have nothing to worry about. Just have your normal awareness and you will be fine. Have a super stay in lovely Florence.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Thank You Very Much :D

Nashville TN
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Great question. I am traveling solo to Florence in October and had the same question. Thanks for addressing this issue. Lilo, I always travel alone and share your safety concerns.

I have heard that the area around the train station can be seedy. Since most tours commence and terminate at the train station, I wanted to know if it was safe to walk back from there to the Duomo at around 8:30 at night, since it will be dark then.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
4,250 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

It will be absolutely safe (usual precautions taken, as you would anywhere). 8:30 is not late - people are starting to go out for dinner then, I've walked alone around Florence much, much later than that. I think the areas around most stations look a bit seedy, but that doesn't mean that they are unsafe - at that time of night, there should be plenty of people about.

Nashville TN
Level Contributor
53 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

Thanks so much for your response ladybracknell! I was in Venice last fall for two weeks and felt very safe even very late at night. I am glad to hear that Florence is much the same.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Florence Safe at Night ?

It's perfectly safe enjoy. Las anywhere you just need to have your wits about you.

Edited: 31 August 2014, 19:03