We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tours

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Private Tours

We are interested in booking a private tour in Florence. Any suggestion of whom we could use? We are looking for a three hour tour.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Tours

Hello. We used http://www.vaticantoursinc.com/ this past august. We were very happy with them. We took 2 different tours and loved both of our guides. I would use them again should i return. Good Luck and have a great trip!

Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Tours

Attygirl, when you booked Vaticantours, did you just pay them upon arrival for the tour and just did the booking with the time over the internet? Or did you have to pay them in partial when you booked using the internet? Thank you.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Tours

I gave them my credit card information to hold the date and time. I paid cash after each tour (by paying cash you receive a 10% discount). It is up to you if you want them to charge your card after the tour or pay in cash, I emailed the company several times and they responded very quickly each time (within 3 hours). If you have any questions you should feel free to email them.

Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Tours

Thanks.

Snaith
Level Contributor
7 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Tours

For any private tours from Florence I suggest you try Nathalie (natintuscany@hotmail.com)

she was recommend on this forum and it was a great day if you have any thing to celebrate we had a forthcoming anniversary she will arrange something.

new jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Tours

We used Nathalie for a private day tour in Tuscany and enjoyed our time with her. In Florence we took a group walking tour with

www.artviva.com and learned much during the 3 hr tour.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Tours

Just got back from Italy and we had a wonderful day trip in Tuscany with Nathalie (natintuscany@hotmail.com) She was Great!!!

I would highly recommend her!! After Allesandro was not available he turned us on to her, she picked us up at our hotel in Florence and we spent a wonderful day touring wineries, with tastings of wine and some had olive oil along with Balsamic vinegar, we stopped at this wonderful store in Greve in Chianti, for a tasting of fresh pecorino cheese, wild boar salami and others- The slow food society as she called it-We had lunch in a wonderful place in Siena fantastic food My mother was in her glory with the gnocchi with a sauce made from the fresh pecorino cheese and spinach, it was so creamy, only from the cheese as we were told-I of course had to have the pasta and wild boar sauce-on the way home we stopped at this 13th centrey walled village with 500 residents. This day with Nathalie was high on my list of the best day in Italy I have had!!!

Thanks Nathalie---

Hollywood, CA
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Tours

Wow, so Nathalie will create a specific tour of whatever hilights you tell her you want to see? Along with driving you everywhere?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
464 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Tours

Nathalie will work with you on creating a tour with your suggestions she has a good knowledge of the area of what and will not work she's great

10. Re: Private Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2007, 15:10