We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mondays in Florence

Ansonia, Connecticut
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mondays in Florence

When researching what to do with my five days in Florence I am finding a lot of mentions of being closed on Mondays, including the Uffizi I believe. Can anybody recommend what I should use my Monday for, as I don't want to watste any of my precious few days in the city. The same goes for Sunday, are a lot of attractions closed on Sundays too? Thanks so much for all the great advice I have already read!

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
somewhere out there
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mondays in Florence

All the churches are open on Mondays as are the markets and shops.

The only museum which are closed on monday are the national ones--Ufizzi, Academia, Bargello, San Marco; those that are city museums museo del Duomo for example are open on monday.

Museums are open on sundays.

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mondays in Florence

Bargello is actually open on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, and so is San Marco.

England
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mondays in Florence

Hi.

As Anon says, lots of places in Florence are open on Mondays. Why not use Monday to go shopping and sightseeing in Florence and save the museums for Sunday. Alternatively, spend Monday on a trip to somewhere like Siena.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Siena
Siena
Province of Siena, Italy
England
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mondays in Florence

Hi again, should have said Anon and Anenome!

We enjoyed our visit to Florence on a Monday very much, btw.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
5. Re: Mondays in Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 06:25