We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather's not looking good for next week.

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
403 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather's not looking good for next week.

Rain every day in the forecast. Sigh. Oh, well. We'll just snuggle under an umbrella, I suppose. ;)

Actually, one of my best memories was from when we were in France last year. We were in Amboise, and it was pouring and so dead that the cafes all closed. We stopped at this amazing little restaurant--the only one open, it seemed!--and had a wonderful dinner. We were the only ones in the place, and the two lovely ladies who served us kept bringing us little bits of cheese and little plates of olives to sample, and they fussed and fretted over us all evening long. It was wonderful! So now perhaps I'll welcome the rain in Florence.

Katie

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather's not looking good for next week.

Hi, you will certainly have an excellent visit to Florence even with rain. We were soaked for a couple of days of our visit last month. And one of them was the day we went on a tour to Siena and San Gimignano. Yet we had fun seeing the sights and stopping to eat or enjoy a cafe.

New York City
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather's not looking good for next week.

Do you have any other suggestions for Florence in the rain ?

Level Contributor
21,532 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather's not looking good for next week.

Hey, it's November after all..

If it rains, schedule churches and museums visits and get busy in academic level, in depth shopping.

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather's not looking good for next week.

Hopefully, it won't rain too much during our visit as well....I don't know if it's something I welcome or dread...

I can only say - hey, it's Italian rain which is much different than the Chicago, New York or American rain we get. It smells better, tastes better, just more pleasing all around.

A Phd in chocolates, espresso, or gelati wouldn't be so bad either.

Have a good trip Katie.

5. Re: Weather's not looking good for next week.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 02:19