We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour guide in Florence?

Which Florence hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour guide in Florence?

We are looking for a private tour guide (for a small group) to show us Florence. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Assisi, Italy
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

When will you be in Florence and for how long?

Happy to share my recommendations on top guide colleagues in Florence - though I do not have access to my own computer (with all emails) til later on next week . If you are leaving for Florence soon, let me give you cell phone of Natale Cerbara, top guide for Florence and also professional sommelier - his tours incorporate art and history (he is an official authorized guide) but he can include market visits or anything else you wish, particular to your intersests.

Pls tell him that Anne, the American,from Assisi sends her best!

His cell: 3391181301 (if you call from US, add 01139 before number)

If coming soon to Florence, you MUST make a day trip to Assisi!

Magical at this time of year - see article which I just wrote for Assisi Forum.

Buon viaggio!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

Try artviva tours. If you google them you will find them. We found the best tour guide of our lives in a woman named Frea (Fray-ah). Check my go-list for Intense Italy and read the Florence trip report.

She was absolutely incredible and we would have never loved Florence as much as we did without her insight and knowledge. I could gush for hours about her, but I'll spare you : )

Tammy

TA
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

Thank you!!!

AssisiAnne - I'll be visiting Florence on may 2007. Do you have Natale Cerbara's e-mail address?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

In response to person PTKeil I think who wrote about Freya -- my husband and I LOVED LOVED LOVED her too. We had two tours with her and if I could I'd go back and do them all over again. She was amazing and I wrote to Artviva about her so it's nice to read that she had same effect on someone else. Just hope she's still there when we go back! Our trip to Florence would not have been as amazing as it was without her.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
674 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

finneywatt,

You're the first person I've come across to also have toured with Freya...finally know how to spell her name!

Of all the tours we took in Italy, our tour with her would be the only one that I would never have done without.

She's a wonderful individual and her knowledge about Florence is undending.

Glad to know you appreciated her as well!

TVJ
Lynn Haven
Level Contributor
51 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

You tour sounds wonderful--would you recommend going out to Sienna, etc...by your own car or bus for the purpose of leisure or do you feel you would have missed the understanding of the area.

Also, do you have a personal contact for Fayea--perhaps she could do a more leisurely tour privately.

Thank you--we leave March 24---need to finalize plans!

7. Re: Private tour guide in Florence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 07:19