We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips from Florence....

NY
1 post
Save Topic
Day trips from Florence....

I am a student at Indiana University can I am going to study abroad in Florence for the next four months. I have been researching day trips but I'm not clear on what I should do. I have four months so I am looking to do as many good day trips as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Tuscany in One Day Sightseeing Tour
6,738 reviews
from US$112.60*
Cooking Class and Lunch at a Tuscan...
1,322 reviews
from US$122.60*
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from...
3,093 reviews
from US$112.60*
Pisa, Siena and San Gimignano Day...
303 reviews
from US$100.10*
Rome
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips from Florence....

Hello ZHirsch, just to tell you that I am sure you can find a heap of information in the Florence forum and elsewhere on this site. Nevertheless, I would advise you to start from Florence and neighbouring areas - this is really going to take more than a few days.

Daytrips: I would say start with Siena - Pisa - Lucca - Pistoia - Arezzo, then maybe if you manage to get a car try San Gimignano, the Chianti area, maybe Volterra. Just a suggestion. Spring is beautiful in the Tuscan countryside...

Level Contributor
21,537 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips from Florence....

And have a look at studentsville.it. Great site for students in Florence.

Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips from Florence....

just to expand on what CATUX mentioned above, if you wanted to go to san gimignano from florence, that is an easy day trip by bus. take the bus and transfer in poggibonsi, and then you will arrive in san gimignano. my fiance and i did this as a day trip and we were back in florence by dinner time. have fun!!

4. Re: Day trips from Florence....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 16:27