We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

Which Livorno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

I’m on a cruise with a stop in Livorno on May 1, 2010 from 600am – 700pm.

I want to go to Florence to the Accademia to see David and then on to Pisa for the Leaning Tower. I can’t find a tour that offers this, so I’m trying to figure out how to do it on my own. Any suggestions?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,204 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

Livorno to Florence by rail www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html schedules are only shown sixty days in advance. You will probably enjoy your day more by just exploring Florence.

Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

Try contacting Filippo at guidedtours@libero.it. I had a wonderful tour with him last summer of the Cinque Terre. He speaks good english and is fun to be with.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,898 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

The schedules on the trenitalia site are currently shown until June 12. But the fares for Livorno-Florence trains are only shown seven days in advance, even though the cost does not change. It is €6.60 each way.

California
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

Thanks for your help.

We’ve decided to skip one night on the ship and take the train from Rome to Florence, spend the night in Florence, and rejoin the ship in Livorno. This gives us a few extra hours in Rome and Florence and should give us time to stop in Pisa and see the Leaning Tower.

So now my question is, can I purchase a ticket from Florence to Livorno, get off the train in Pisa for 2 hours, and board a later train to continue to Livorno? Or do I need to purchase a ticket from Florence to Pisa and another ticket from Pisa to Livorno?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

Trains from Florence to Livorno are local (Regionale) trains. Before you get on a train, you must time-stamp your ticket in one of the yellow machines at the station. Once you have done that, the ticket is valid for travel for the next 6 hours. Provided you get to Livorno within 6 hours of leaving Florence, you can stop in Pisa.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

As previously suggested use the train to Florence and stop off at Pisa on the way back, if you've any time left.

I stayed 2 days in Pisa the other year and it was 1 day too much. Great place, Tower & Cathedrals wonderful, but once seen that's it for Pisa.

7. Re: Livorno to Florence to Pisa back to Livorno in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 07:31