We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence or Lucca?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Florence or Lucca?

I'm taking a cruise which ports in Livorno for a day. I'm going on Regent so the shore excursions are included. That being said its my first time in Italy and I'm not sure what to do in that port. I'm torn between a tour in Lucca which includes a trip to a vinyard and wine tasting or the excursion to Florence. Any thoughts????

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,611 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florence or Lucca?

Lucca is closer and you can't really do Florence justice in a day trip, so I'd choose Lucca...so long as one day you will come back to Florence and stay there for a few days!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florence or Lucca?

Florence is, of course, magnificent. It's pretty wild and wooly and really sensory overload if you've only one day, however. Particularly since you've never been to Italy (you'll quickly resolve to return), I believe Lucca and your wine tour will give you a far better sense of the unique and remarkable facets of this unforgettable area of our planet.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florence or Lucca?

Great. Thanks!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
77 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florence or Lucca?

If you have never been to Forence..definitely Florence!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florence or Lucca?

I agree that Florence is too much for the few hours you would have there. Lucca is a wonderful medieval walled city and much more manageable for a shore tour of only one day.

6. Re: Florence or Lucca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2014, 06:20