We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

organised day trips from livorno?

Scotland
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
organised day trips from livorno?

Just wondering if anyone has seen any organised coach trips from livorno recently? To lucca or siena or somewhere other than Pisa and Florence?

I know when I've been before, there was coaches to pisa, just wondering if i can count on doing a trip like that but to somewhere other than pisa?

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

Are you on a cruise ship, Polly05? If yes, then yes: tons of them -- that is, to places other than Pisa.

Scotland
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

Yeah, I am.

Do they go from the the same place as the Pisa buses? And can be booked on the day?

Thanks

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

We too will have a shore day from our cruise. We have been to Pisa and Florence but would love to see the countryside on a winery or food tour. How can we find one that leaves the port in November. Cruise offerings seem limited.

Florence Italy
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

Cruise ships generally offer a lot of options for folks who dock in Livorno; you might want to check those out. You might also want to trawl the web for possibilities.

Wine tours still run very much indeed, janemarc9, in November. And you'll be well placed to sample olio nuovo (new olive oil), which is a gift from the gods. Again, we'd suggest you trawl the web, and perhaps other readers of the Forum might be able to offer you some handy advice.

We hope this helps.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 15:45
Atlanta
Level Contributor
78 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

We are going to be on a cruise that docks in Nov. We are also frm Atlanta. Our last trip thru Livorno we took the train easily..jumped off for a few photos in Pisa, and then back on to spend the rest of a wonderful day in Lucca, a wonderful town. Our ship this time stops on a Sunday. I fear everything , everyplace will be closed...but check out Lucca. We're on the Oceania Marina

Atlanta
Level Contributor
78 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

Will everything in the towns be closed on Sunday? Our ship docks in Livorno on a Sunday. We loved Lucca the last time, and were hoping to get to San Gimigiano this time and Sienna perhaps. What about wine tours?

7. Re: organised day trips from livorno?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:16