We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

I have reservations at both but need to decide fast which one to take for 6 nights in Lucca. They both look nice. Is one superior to the other?? Grazie!

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

Which hotel did you pick and I am trying to decide between these 2 as well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
659 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

I stayed at the San Luca Palace for 7 nights and it was wonderful. The staff was very accomodating and the room was quite large and comfortable. Breakfast was good. It is well located just inside the walls (an easy drop-off point for the taxi), a very short walk to the buses and taxi stand at Piazzale Guiseppe Verdi (you can see the location on the TA map). The common areas were all intimate and charming. As it had only opened recently, everything was in very good condition.

I walked by the Palazzo Alexander which is very close by, and peeked in, and felt that I had made the better choice with San Luca. Also, stepping out directly on Via San Paolino put me on the main street to the "center" of town.

I would definitely choose the San Luca again!

Mapua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
368 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

Thank you for your post. It has confirmed my thoughts and I have now confirmed on the San Luca Palace. Many thanks, Bev

4. Re: Palazzo Alexander or San Luca Palace???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 14:19