We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire at pisa airport

Coventry
Level Contributor
26 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
car hire at pisa airport

Hello,

Travelling to Pisa in May with two small children. Any reccomendations for car hire. Anything to watch out for? Will be driving round the Lucca region.

Many thanks Sally

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
416 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire at pisa airport

Both Hertz and Avis are at Pisa, maybe one or two others, I use Avis (Lucca), but depending on your arrival time and where you are staying check out the rates from Lucca as opposed to Pisa airport, might not suit you to do it with the kids etc, but both are easy to find in Lucca and its usually a decent amount cheaper.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire at pisa airport

Hi Sallyallyally

Hope your well. Here are my recommendations of the car hire firms that are all in the car hire building at Pisa Airport. Don't forget to drive up the Lima valley.

You have the usual Avis, Hertz, Sixt etc..... But I have been unimpressed so here is a list of other italian car rental firms

My usual web site for booking cars is www.novacarhire.com

www.libertyrent.it

www.maggiore.it

www.autoeuropa.it

www.locautorent.com

www.easycaritalia.it

www.targarent.it

Best Regards

UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire at pisa airport

Can anyone tell me what time the car rental place opens in the morning and the shuttle bus starts to the terminal ?

A friend is flying back to the States at 7.30 am and needs to drop their hire car off and get to the terminal with quite a bit of luggage.

4. Re: car hire at pisa airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 05:22