We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood on the Italian Coast

Nashville...
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Seafood on the Italian Coast

Spending 3 nights in Lucca in May. Would love to have dinner on the coast one evening. Any recommendations? I will have a car for travel. Someplace with a view perhaps?

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

Your best bet is Viareggio. There are probably dozens of places overlooking the shore there.

Nashville...
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

Any particular restaurant suggestions? The less touristy, the better.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

Viareggio is a resort frequented in season - July and August - by the Italian bourgeoisie. On weekends, Italians from nearby areas go there for seafood meals. You are unlikely to encounter many foreign tourists anywhere in Viareggio.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

We sometimes drive north of Viareggio and even Lido di Camaiore and, when the restaurants on the ocean side start to look a little iffy...THOSE are the ones!

Nashville...
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

I am intrigued by this entire region. Do you have any recommendations for a favorite restaurant or place to sit and enjoy the sites and sounds of the coast?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

Drmac....

Some of the best fish restauramts I have the pleasure of eating at have actually been inland from the coast in Lucca.

Take the ss12 and then come off just before devils bridge and head up in the direction of Castelnuovo in Garfaniana, coming of for directions to Calavorno. "LA CATINA" is on the main road. It has fantastic mountain dishes to die for.

Any more food advice needed just IM me.

regards

Dr L

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

I'm surprised no on mentioned Livorno. Livorno is famous for its seafood. It's an easy drive from Lucca. Il Romito is an excellent restaurant with fresh, local seafood. You can dine on a terrace overlooking the sea. Sublime experience.

8. Re: Seafood on the Italian Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 19:21
Get answers to your questions about Lucca