We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinocchio park at Collodi

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pinocchio park at Collodi

Anyone been there?

We are traveling around Tuscany mid-June and are looking for some "9 year old daughter" fun. This looks like it might appeal to her and to us...Let me know what you think, if you've been.

Elizabeth

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,221 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinocchio park at Collodi

Haven't been there, though if she knows the story she should enjoy it. However, almost opposite are the gardens of Villa Garzoni which seem to have been rejuvenated of recent years and are really quite attractive, with statues and steps and water features and topiary and pools.

…about.com/od/…Garzoni-Garden-Fountain.htm

(there are 9 pictures here)

Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinocchio park at Collodi

It's more of a sculpture park, not a 'theme park' in the amusement sense of the word, but the statues are very appealing to kids, mine are of similar age and enjoy it, I wasn't sure they would, but it seemed to engage their imagination and they enjoyed 'discovering' the statues along the paths. I agree to know the original story, rather than just the disney version beforehand would help her get more out of it. You can buy a combined ticket for the Villa Garzoni gardens and there is a butterfly house there too that she may like, and the three things together makes a good day out.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinocchio park at Collodi

There are some stalls, etc. between the villa and the park to buy rather typical - but charming - souvenirs specific to the little guy with the big nose. Few little books that are hard to find elsewhere, too.

4. Re: Pinocchio park at Collodi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 04:19