We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

Has anyone been to an event at the Bernardini Villa in the hills around Lucca (sort of on the way from Lucca to Pisa)?

Want to know how things went.

Thanks in advance.

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
421 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

I went to a friends wedding dinner two Septembers ago, the marriage itself was not at the villa. The setting is beautiful and lends itself to a reception. Pity you can't use any part of the house. We had drinks and nibbles in the garden immediately behind the house, followed by dinner and dancing in the orangery style pavilion near the formal garden. It was a great evening, a setting thats not over the top, not too far from Lucca and with easy parking. My friend is a Lucchese so he arranged his own bits, food, drink, band etc, which was a huge part of the success, but it was one of the best weddings I have been to.

Sarasota, Florida...
Level Contributor
841 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

Were there mosquitoes?

And could you tell me where the marriage itself took place.

I really appreciate your help!

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
421 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

Neither myself or my wife got bitten, nor do I recall anyone complaining they had. There were candles lighting the formal garden and the route up from the front gate, I assume as usual these would have been citronella. The marriage took place up the hill at the tiny church of Vicopelago, a beautiful setting.

4. Re: Bernardini Villa -- A Wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lucca