We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca

edinburgh
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Lucca

going to Lucca for a couple of nights middle of May this will be the thrid time Ive been and looking for a day trip to somewhere. I've been to Pisa, Florence, Viareggio. I like taking local buses if poss. Any ideas

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucca

Hi Have a look at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187898-i832-k3589…

It has some posts about going to Barga by bus.

mesh

Carrara, Italy
Level Contributor
227 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucca

what abour visiting Montecarlo on Lucca hills? It's a beautiful hamlet with nice vineyards you could visit

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucca

How about a visit to Pistoia, a traditional Tuscan town with beautiful monuments, lovely cafes and restaurants and a colourful, daily outdoor market.

Enjoy!

Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucca

bus schedule is here www.vaibus.it/index.php…

Tuscany Italy
Level Contributor
474 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucca

How about Bagni di Lucca.

Lovely old spa town, in river valley and surrounded by green hills, very relaxed atmosphere. 45mins by bus from Lucca. Also see vaibus for schedules. Will pass the 'Devil's Bridge' on the way. Here's some a post about the town

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g644271-i12206-k35…

woodstock
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucca

We are going to Lucca in June. Is 3 days to much? what did you do there?

Australian in Lucca
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lucca

With regards to the original question - I concur - Bagni di Lucca, Barga and Pistoia all great possibilities.

And WoodstockBuddy: is 3 days too much? I've lived here for 6 1/2 years and haven't scratched the surface! Lots to do and see in town, lots of short trips out of Lucca to be had.

8. Re: Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2010, 05:16