We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

My trip report for Florence, Pisa, Lucca and Vernazza is in the Florence forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187895-i68-k39774…

Any questions on Lucca, please do let me know!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

Thinking of staying in Lucca for 1 week next April. I have lived in Rome and visited many Italian cities but I am looking for a city that is authentic and not filled with tourists. How did you find Lucca?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Lucca did have its fair share of tourists - but I imagine any Italian city would.

That said, it is a really neat place. The bulk of tourists here really do seem to be on day trips though so we found the evening quiet and the morning quiet.

I really liked it - lots of nice buildings, great place to walk around, good shops, lots of food stores. That said, I'm not sure I feel the need to return. Florence stole my heart!

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

We love Lucca and have stayed there for our annual holiday for the past eight years. You really get the feel of an Italian way of life as well as the many and varied sights, restaurants, concerts etc. Spending time on the walls surrounding the city; walking, cycling or just sitting and watching the world go by, is a major attraction. We've found so much to see and do there that we have yet to visit some of the more famous cities in the region e.g. Firenze, Cinque Terre and Pisa! Yes there are groups of tourists, but just turn off a main street and you find peace and quiet.

mesh

4. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2011, 07:23