We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out late

bradford
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eating out late

Hello

We will be arriving in Lucca at approximately 9.30pm on Thursday 21st October and I suspect very hungry.Is there anywhere we could get something to eat? Not expecting full dinner, anything would be nice - chips even.

Thanks

Gerryc

just seen previous post

Edited: 12 October 2010, 21:14
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,283 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out late

Italians eat later than usual. It is quite common to begin a meal at 8.30pm or even later, so while I can't recommend a particular place that will be open then, I don't believe you will have difficulty in finding somewhere, especially a restaurant.

United States
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out late

If you want just some pizza, MaraMeo has a couple of locations and are open late. One on Via V. Emanuele has pizza, panini, and gelato and the one in P. San Francesco does pasta dishes as well and has eat-in space. There are several (touristy) places inside the anfiteatro who do pasta and larger meals and are open late.

Where are you staying and I might be able to suggest something close to you.

TAB

bradford
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out late

Thanks for your advice

bradford
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out late

Many thanks for your informative reply,we will look at your suggestions. We are staying on Via Cesare Battisti. Any suggestions for a nightcap.

Thanks again

United States
Level Contributor
9,620 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out late

My favorite is Bar Mercato in P. San Michelle next to the church but they aren't open real late. You are close to P. San Frediano which has a nice little osteria in front of the church and may also sell just drinks late. They do drinks and nibbles before dinner hours. Also there are several places in the anfiteatro which do drinks late.

TAB

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out late

I frequently have a 9:30 p.m. reservation at Trattoria da Leo - for a full meal. Concerts frequently begin at 9:00 p.m. It all happens a little later in Lucca!

Don't think you'll have any trouble getting something to eat....drink.

7. Re: Eating out late

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:17