We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Trying to get a concert schedule for the Lucca Summer Festival which takes place in July and August. I can't find the 2011 concert schedule anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find this? I'd like to purchase tickets as soon as possible, as I 'm planning my summer now. Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
9,698 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

They usually don't release the line up this far in advance. Keep checking the official website:

http://www.summer-festival.com/

TAB

Australian in Lucca
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

As TAB says, they normally don't launch the billing on the website until about April. However, they have at least loaded the 2011 banner which is a marked improvement on previous years.

D'alessandro & Galli are the organisers of the event and on their website they have confirmed Elton John on the 14th July. You can subscribe to their newsletter for updates. Link to site:

dalessandroegalli.com/concerto/…

You can buy tickets through their website.

The Summer Concert only takes place in July. Any events in August are normally organised through other channels. In 2010 Andrea Colombini (who runs the Puccini performances in the Church of San Giovanni - www.puccinielasualucca.com) organised a wonderful series of concerts in the Amphitheatre for July/August. I don't know whether he'll do that again this year.

In any case, for most events, you will have no trouble getting tickets "at the door". Elton John would be an exception to this rule. Book ahead.

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Thank you so much for this helpful information .

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Thank you so much!

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Sounds great, I will be in Lucca from 9th to 16th July so I might get a chance to see some of the festival.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Mark Knopfler is also playing here on 10th July

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
421 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Not sure about the Mark Knopfler gig, he played 10 July 2010.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

oops sorry, that was last years concert.

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Arcade Fire have announced they are playing Lucca on July 9th. Highly recommend them!! Unfortunately, we aren't there until two weeks later:(

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lucca Summer Concerts 2011

Hi guys, just found out about Arcade Fire and it happens to be right around the time we were planning a trip in Italy, though we aren't 100% about the timing. Do you think they would sell out quickly? Or do we have a bit of time to decide?

Thanks!