We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking in lucca

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
6 posts
Save Topic
parking in lucca

Hi,could anyone tell me if it is possible to park at Lucca railway station.We will be staying about half an hours drive from Lucca and will hopefully be using the connection there to travel to Pisa Florence and surrounding places of interest,also if any charges/restrictions apply.Thank you in advance

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking in lucca

Sure is

You have a choice of public parking with limited time or public parking 5-10 minutes walking from the station situated around the Walls,which has no time limit

Or you can go to the 24 hour security compound next to the station.

You pay what you get

Regards

John

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
412 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking in lucca

Most of the parking on the circular road outside the walls, and anywhere near the station is now pay parking.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: parking in lucca

Thank you John and Destination expert for you quick response and useful information

Swanzey, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking in lucca

What is the name of the circular road outside Lucca? We will be driving in from the outskirts of Lucca and need a place to park. Then will be taking the train to Florence. Can anyone tell us what to expect? Thank you!

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking in lucca

Hi,

The ring-road merges into different street names as you drive around the walls, so depending where you join the the circular roadway it could be Vlale Giuseppe Giusti, then by the train station it's called Viale Regina Margherita ,

then Viale della Repubblica, then Viale Giosue Carducci, then Viale Lazzaro,

then Viale Carlo del Prete, then Viale Pompeo Batoni, then Vlale Agostino Marti, then Viale Guglielmo Marconi, and finally Viale Giovanni Pacini. I don't think I've left any other names out, basically it is just the ring-road around Lucca city walls.

mesh

Edited: 25 April 2012, 20:12
United States
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking in lucca

Here is a tourist map which you can enlarge and print out that shows the ring road around the outside walls and its various names. Parking areas are marked with a blue square and a white P.

http://mappery.com/map-of/Lucca-Tourist-Map

TAB

albuquerque
Level Contributor
967 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking in lucca

TAB and Mesh are in the know. Trust their advice as I can tell you they have helped me so much as I planned my trip. They did not warn me though that I'd be so darn cold this week

Please send sunshine to Lucca

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,806 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: parking in lucca

Hi cattivijo,

Sorry can't help with the sun but hey your in Lucca not in a VERY wet and miserable UK!

mesh

United States
Level Contributor
9,572 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: parking in lucca

If it is any consolation, it has been cold and rainy for the last 4 weeks in Spain and now Paris. This Spring has sprung a leak.

How is Lucca? I will be there in about 3 weeks.

TAB

Swanzey, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: parking in lucca

Thank you all for your comments. This is a big help. I looked up the forecast in Lucca for cattivojo and it should be 78 this Friday and sunny and 80 degrees on Saturday (partly cloudy). Mid 70's the rest of the week, but showery. We are going in mid June. We shall also hope for an improvement in the weather. We want to use the pool!