We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera in Lucca

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Opera in Lucca

Hi there,

I am trying to find some tickets to go see the Opera in Lucca. I have found lots of links but do not seem to be able to find a full Opera that is showing. I am in Lucca from the 29th June until the 3rd.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera in Lucca

Hi,

As far as I'm aware there is no full opera performance for the dates you are in Lucca. The Lucca summer festivel (http://www.summer-festival.com/) starts on the 28th June in the Piazza Napoleone, this is one of the main events during the end of June and all through July in Lucca but does not include opera. Have you tried this link www.puccinielasualucca.com/en/events.asp might be the only way to hear some opera whilst you are in Lucca.

mesh

perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera in Lucca

( Hi, mesh, about 10 weeks now )

The link given by mesh will have good info.

Treat yourself to a concert, held nightly , in San Giovanni Baptistry.

Only lasts about an hour but worth the vivsit.

You can get a special ticket that includes entry to the Concert; to the excavations beneath the Baptistry; to the Museum next to the Cathedral nearby and to view the Illaria ( spelling ) in the Cathedral.

Enjuy Lucca and don't forget to walk or cycle the wall ... only 4.2 kms around.

lennyb

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Opera in Lucca

Thanks to you both,

Have just reserved my tickets at the San Giovanni Baptistry for next Friday!

Matt

perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opera in Lucca

Welcome MattNorton, you seem to be a " newie"

Welcome to Trip Advisor and welcome to Lucca.

Hope you love it as much as we do.

Go to the Bakery , Il Forno, I think, on Via Santa Lucia, it runs off to the left behind San Michele .... and buy some focaccia from the open window.

Ciao. lennyb

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opera in Lucca

Hi,

I Second what lennyb says. Also try Buralli's which is a great pastry shop in Piazza Carmine.

mesh

Upper Maremma...
Level Contributor
770 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opera in Lucca

Try http://www.puccinifestival.it/

7. Re: Opera in Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 23:17