We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

I'll be staying just 2 nights in Lucca in April, traveling with my mother. I can't decide between these two hotels. We will have a car. We like a nice quiet room.

It looks like San Luca Palace has larger, more modern rooms, while Alla Corte degli Angeli is more quaint and charming. Does that sound like a good assessment?

Anyone able to recommend one over the other? It looks like they are the same price.

albuquerque
Level Contributor
963 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

I have not stayed at either of those, but I love the hotel Piccolo Puccini. It's charming, simple, great location, wonderful staff .

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

Hi

I too have not stayed in either of the two but as you say you will have a car I can tell you their locations within the city walls. The San Luca Palace(4*) is just inside the city through the Porta Sant' Anna entrance, near the bus station( Piazzale G Verdi), and it's easy to drive straight into the hotel car park. The Alla Corte degli Angeli is off the main shoping street, Via Fillungo, so you will have to enter the city through the Porta Santa Maria and drive a little further into the city to reach this hotel.

mesh

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

Hotel Puccini is lovely, but no lift. How does Mom feel about stairs? It's one "flight" really a flight, a turning and another flight to get to the "first" floor where all the rooms are located. If you're not reserved somewhere - now - for April....get hopping!

4. Re: Alla Corte degli Angeli or San Luca Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 10:19