We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Lucca

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Lucca

Does anyone know if there are car rental agencies at the train station. Like the other posts the only one we can find is Hertz and it's a 16 minute walk. thanks

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
407 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Lucca

There are no rental agencies at the station. There is a decent coffee shop on the opposite corner to the station, probably the best thing is one of you to walk to the agency whilst others wait and grab a drink, the drive back to the station is straightforward.

Oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Lucca

I show Hertz to be about .8 of a mile but just wanted to make sure that was the closest one. Thank you

UK
Level Contributor
2,836 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Lucca

The Avis rental office is slightly closer. We took a taxi there when we rented through them in 2006. Both Hertz and Avis close two hours for lunch as well as Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday.

Oregon
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Lucca

Thanks. We already have a reservation with Hertz and the walk looks easy. I checked into a shuttle and it's 18 Euro. I was just a little surprised that the agencies don't have shuttle service.

5. Re: Car rental in Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:17