We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lucca accom

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lucca accom

where is a good place to stay in lucca if we have no car? We need to be near train. 2A 2Chn. We want somewhere that is clean and value for money accom. (under $150 AUD per night). We are going in Sept. plan to stay 3 nights.

Thanks

D

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lucca accom

Albergo San Martino is a small 3* at 300 mt. from train/bus station in a quite area inside the walls. If they are booked out, ask them what's good nearby.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: lucca accom

Thanks for that! It looks great and hopefully they can get us in on the dates we need. Any ideas for Florence???

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lucca accom

We really like Hotel Silla in Florence.

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,501 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lucca accom

Don't worry about location in Lucca, anywhere inside the wall will be excellent. Search on Lucca Accommodations and you will find many nice places at all price levels.

We also prefer the Silla in Florence. It is South of the river, perhaps five minutes further from some sights and five minutes closer to others. Wonderful staff, excellent hearty breakfast or lighter, if you prefer. It is in a quieter, more laid back neighborhood.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lucca accom

Our preferences for Florence are the following. :

www.palazzomagnaniferroni.it

www.1865.it

www.poggioalsole.net

Marina di...
Level Contributor
721 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lucca accom

You can search the best hotel for your needs going to tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187898-Lucca_Provinc… for Lucca, and to tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187895-Florence_Tusc… for Florence! Enjoy your search!

Galesburg, Illinois
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lucca accom

There was a group of 11 of us that stayed in Hotel Ilaria,and it was a good choice. It was inside the walls and ina great location. Nothing is really that far to walk to and we walked 6 nights to different restaurants and bars. The hotel also furnished bikes to ride "the wall" which is a must and had beverages,fruits and snacks for guests in the aftxernoon. Also on roof is a nice area with chairs to have a glass of wine etc. which we did every afternoon before heading out. Also there is a hot tub. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff a joy to work with. There are lots of good places outside or within the wall but we picked this place at random and all of us will stay there again. Dont know the cost for Sept but you will want to book it it interests you. If needed there is a lift, and since we were a group of fossils we took a cab from train station but I m sure you can walk to it. CIAO

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
256 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lucca accom

I just returned and stayed in an amazing apartment that would be great for 2 adults and 2 children. It is very close to the wall and train station (right inside the walls) and also accessible to everything in Lucca. www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p415217

I am not sure if it fits your prices bc I am not sure what the AUD conversion rate is right now, but I strongly recommend this great apartment!

Grass Valley
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: lucca accom

Please let me know of a great Hotel close to the Train Station for one night for

two people in Lucca ? I am leaving from Genoa to Milan and from Milan

to Lucca and back to Florence. How long is all the time involved on the train, if you know. I also do not have any idea of where to stay close to the Train Station near Florence. Thank You in advance for your help.

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lucca accom

The train station at Lucca is just a few minutes walk to the Porta San Pietro entrance to the city, so you can easily stay within the walls. Have a look at the

Lucca hotels link on the top left of this page to give you ideas of what's available. Hotel Rex is located next to the station if you prefer to stay outside the city.

mesh

Edited: 07 March 2013, 19:28