We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olive harvest in Tuscany

Columbus, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Olive harvest in Tuscany

Is there an opportunity to pick olives during olive harvest in Tuscany?

Greve in Chianti...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

How long for? A day? A week? A couple of hours? It is exhausting work and might look like more fun in the pictures than it turns out to be in reality. PM me and I will send you details of a couple of farms which may be able to help out.

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,110 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

It is exhausting and it can be so cold sometimes too but I much prefer picking olives to grapes anytime. Being small, I usually get to go up in the tree and shake, which I always reckon is the best bit ... besides the lunch and then tasting the very first drop of oil.

Columbus, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

Thanks. We'll be in Tuscany 26OCT-2NOV and I was hoping to spend an afternoon at an farm and participate in some way in harvesting the olives. Any such contact would be appreciated.

Lucca, Italy
Level Contributor
29 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

You should take a look at Sapori e Saperi Adventures, a tour company in Garfagnana near Lucca. I know that Heather, the owner, organizes day trips to pick olives and you can bring them directly to the olive press to make olive oil to bring home!

http://www.sapori-e-saperi.com/

Columbus, Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Budapest
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

Could you tell me how you organized your olive harvest?

Budapest
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

Could you tell me please how you organized your olive harvest? And where was it, did you enjoyed it?

Italy
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

For day or half-day harvesting experiences in Tuscany see the website of this company. They specialize in this kind of offers: www.ariannandfriends.com

Thessaloniki, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

And for working? I am looking to come to italy for a month or even more, for working at the olive harvest..

Any information???

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Olive harvest in Tuscany

Hello, I am also interested in olive harvesting in Nov-Dec 2014. I have applied for a position through a house sitting website, but no response yet. I am planning on 2 weeks in Tuscany with free room & board for harvesting olives. As I will be flying in and have limited transportation, suggestions with near major centres would be great. :)