We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pisa airport to lucca

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
pisa airport to lucca

do i have to go to pisa centrale or pisa s.rossore to catch train to lucca?i will be arriving on sunday the 28th of april.from what i can see the train from airport to pisa centrale misses the connection to lucca by a few minutes.would i be better to get taxi to pisa s.rossore but there does not seem to be anywhere in this station to buy the tickets. --arr.time in airport approx.1430 hrs. john b.

Edited: 03 March 2013, 10:24
Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pisa airport to lucca

No the train to Lucca will stop at San Rossore, but you don't have to change there. If you are arriving at the airport, you will need to change at Pisa Centrale, but from there you can get a train straight to Lucca.

Just for info if anyone else is reading this, there are ticket machines at San Rossore.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pisa airport to lucca

There are also direct buses from the airport to Lucca www.pisa-airport.com/index.php…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pisa airport to lucca

hi, thanks all.i am trying to get to residenza del gallo.would it be far away from the bus station in lucca?

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pisa airport to lucca

Hi,

Unfortunately the first Vaibus, no Q03, from Pisa airport to Lucca on Sundays after your flight arrival time is 15.00hrs (don't know if you will be able to make it in time) the next bus is not until 18.00 hrs: www.vaibus.com/pdf/Extraurbano4feb13.pdf

mesh

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pisa airport to lucca

thanks all.i think i will get the train from pisa central to lucca and try and find my accommodation

Norwich, Norfolk, Uk
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pisa airport to lucca

Your hotel is closer to the train station anyway, a 5-10 min walk.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pisa airport to lucca

thanks for your help

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pisa airport to lucca

We stay in an apartment not far from Antica Residenza Del Gallo. The walking route we take is as follows: enter the city through Porta San Pietro, slightly to the right and straight on is a very short road called Via del Peso, at the end of this turn right along the wide street of Corso Garibaldi. Then take the second left on to Via del Molinetto (another short street) this leads into the Piazza San Martino, you will see the Dumuo and a big circular fountain to the right. Head towards the fountain and keep left, (keeping the fountain on your right) this leads you into a narrow street, Via San Donnino. After literally a few steps along here you then turn left on to Via Del Battistero, then along here a very short way until you turn right into Via del Gallo. The hotel is just on the right, this route takes approx 10 minutes.

mesh

Edited: 04 March 2013, 14:39
Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
416 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pisa airport to lucca

Mesh's route is good but If you don't mind a few steps or your luggage is not to heavy, come out of the station, head straight across the road and through the bastion (10-15 long slope steps) that leads to the top of the walls, head down the steps the other side (these are a quite steep) and around the back of the cathedral, keeping left, all this is going straight forward. As you come past the cathedral these is a road running across you after the little parking area generally used for post office cars. To you left you will see an archway, walk through the arch , via del Gallo is second on the right and the residence a few seconds from the turning. This is the quickest route, but you might prefer Mesh's if you have pull along luggage. My place is in via del Gallo.

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,988 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pisa airport to lucca

Yes, SuffolkLucchese's route is certainly more direct!

mesh