We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation - Lucca

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation - Lucca

Has anyone stayed at Anfiteatro Bed and Breakfast and can recommend the apartment on the Anfiteatro? We are a couple with 5 year old child and are travelling to Lucca by train in June. I'm a bit concerned it might be a bit of a hike from the train station as we'd like to do a couple of day trips.

Also any other recommendations are very welcome.

Any assistance would be appreciated as not sure where to start.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Have not stayed at the B/B or their apartments but something to take into consideration as you have a young child is that Piazza Anfiteatro has a number of restaurants, which in June will have outside seating areas staying open till late. I'd estimate about a 25 minute walk to the train station: tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

mesh

Edited: 02 April 2013, 12:15
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Thanks Mesh. Yes, it seems a bit noisy and as we'll be there in summer we have to decide if we think it'll be 'background' sort of noise, or 'keep our daughter awake' sort of noise! The apartment seems nice from the reviews though and good value so am considering it, but still looking too.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

I'd go with "keep your daughter awake" noise and it's a bit of a hike to the train station for a 5 year old.

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
423 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Mesh is right. Its far from an unpleasant place although I doubt many locals would consider it the best square in Lucca as I have seen some website claims. Its the most touristy spot in the city with many bars and occasional concerts in the summer as well, pretty noisy and not really true Lucchese life. Its not just the noise from the bars when open to consider but also the clear up afterwards. For what its worth its also a hike to the bus station as well.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Thanks for those replies. Have reconsidered and now thinking B&B Seminario which is just inside the walls and not too far from the train station. It seems to get good reviews although only the suite is available which is slightly over our budget, but think I'll go with it. Does anyone know it and think it's worth going over our budget for? I'm thinking 'yes' so far.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 00:38
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Have put a deposit on Il Seminario as we'll be catching the train a lot so location is very convenient for this. Hopefully it's not too far from other things either!

Suffolk
Destination Expert
for Lucca
Level Contributor
423 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

Il Seminario is very close to the walls in a quiet residential part of the city,yet close enough to the main streets. I have never stayed there myself but have used it on a number of occasions for over flow guests visiting us nearby. On every occasion my friends have told me they have been delighted with their stay and the charming owners and staff very helpful.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
330 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

That's good to know SuffolkLucchese, I"m happy with the booking and am really looking forward to our stay in Lucca. What a lovely place to have a property in!

9. Re: Accomodation - Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lucca