We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vespa Scooter/Moped

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
963 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Vespa Scooter/Moped

I know this question has been asked but not fully answered...

How would it be to toot about in a vespa in the lucca area for a day or 2? I've always found through my travels that that renting moped in the smaller cities/towns is much easier and more enjoyable.

I would imagine Lucca is such a place.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vespa Scooter/Moped

Only if you are either very skilled on a scooter or suicidal. You would not be allowed to drive a scooter within the City of Lucca, and the roads nearby are mostly not very wide and with many bends.

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vespa Scooter/Moped

Lucca is a compact city where the bicycle reigns supreme not the scooter. You can comfortably explore within the walls by bike or on foot. As for hiring a scooter to visit the surrounding areas the traffic on the ring road outside the walls does get very busy, so would not advise to hire one unless you are an experienced rider. My husband has owned Ducatis in the past and says he wouldn't feel comfortable/safe riding a scooter on the major roads around the area. Here is a link to a scooter agency within the walls near Porta Santa Maria: http://www.scootertuscany.com/locations.php

mesh

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
963 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vespa Scooter/Moped

thanks,

looks like it's the bus for me

4. Re: Vespa Scooter/Moped

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 06:17