We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring a jacket to Lucca

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bring a jacket to Lucca

We have been in Lucca in May before but have found it much cooler this time. We came ill prepared with only light jumpers and after Tokyo and Rome have found it a bit chilly.Love Lucca though and plenty of bargains for the ladies especially at the Wed and Sat markets.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bring a jacket to Lucca

I've been keeping a close eye on the weather there and it seems to be unsettled as it has been here also, still putting the central heating on in the evening!! Hope it improves by the end of June when once again we are back in lovely Lucca.

mesh

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bring a jacket to Lucca

Officially speaking for fuel consumption reasons, we're not supposed to have the central heating on in most parts of Tuscany after 15th April (and before 1st November) but there have been a couple of evenings recently when we needed warmth in rooms that the heat from the open fires didn't reach. Can't recall ever having a fire in the evening this late in the year, let alone wanting to put the central heating on! Sunday supposedly temperatures are expected to improve a bit but then more rain next week. So depressing.

South East England...
Level Contributor
4,458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bring a jacket to Lucca

Sitting here now looking out of my study window at the rain bucketing down, it's dark and gloomy and have just had to nudge the CH thermostat up yet again!!

mesh

albuquerque
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bring a jacket to Lucca

In 2012 when I was in Lucca mid April to mid May it rained nearly daily and the 1st 2 weeks were downright frigid. They said it was really unusual, but I was there again this year from mid April through the 1st week of May and it was pretty much the same - chilly and rainy. Definitely jacket and scarf weather.

The good news is that Lucca in the rain is still Lucca and that's a great place to be!

5. Re: Bring a jacket to Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18