We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome to Lucca

Liverpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rome to Lucca

I think I may have asked this before sorry! Does anyone know the best way to get from Rome to Lucca, we are coming next Monday?

Ta

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
South East England...
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome to Lucca

Hi again,

Sorry, can't help with your question. I know that there is a heatwave going on back home in the UK but do come prepared for hot weather as it's really very hot and humid here, 27c at 21.30hrs tonight!

mesh

Edited: 17 July 2013, 20:39
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
37,231 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome to Lucca

I would take the train. I'm not sure if all trains go through Florence but it's a very easy trip to make as long as you don't have too much luggage.

Donna

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Liverpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome to Lucca

Hi Mesh hello once again our trip has finally come around! Yes I expect it to be hot but hoping its bearable! Are you there at the moment? I might just come back to you for tips and advice! I haven't used TA much so I can't navigate very week, I know I've asked lots of questions before but I can't find the answers !

Chris

Liverpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome to Lucca

Thanks Donna we have only hand luggage so should be OK.....I was thinking the train to Florence would be best just needed to double check

Ta x

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
South East England...
Level Contributor
4,957 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome to Lucca

Hi penoc,

How time flies, yes we are back in Lucca, been here since the end June but today has been the most humid, no breeze at all and very sticky at the moment, hope it cools down a little tomorrow!!

mesh

Mentioned in this post
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Liverpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Rome to Lucca

We're out to Rome tomorrow so sure to be hot but forecast says rain for the weekend! We don't care! Very exciting for us to take a trip like this usually go for a coastal resort holiday.....can't wait! Really looking forward to lucca travelling with 10 of us so hoping to eat out and enjoy the sights as a big family. Hoping to go to Florence and maybe sienna but depends how tired we are. I don't want to spoil lucca by rushing about seeing other places!

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Florence
Florence
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,828 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rome to Lucca

Rome to Lucca by train has TWO OPTIONS:

1. Roma to Lucca via Pisa Centrale (coastal route); OR

2. Rome to Lucca via Firenze SMN (interior route).

Fares and travel times are not greatly different. You can explore possible travel solutions at:

www.trenitalia.it

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Lucca
Lucca
Province of Lucca, Italy
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
Liverpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Rome to Lucca

Many thanks GAC

9. Re: Rome to Lucca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Lucca