We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to Florence

Which Lucca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trains to Florence

Hi please can I ask the name of the main train station in Florence? Also any thoughts about going on a Sunday?

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,221 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains to Florence

Florence train station Santa Maria Novella Trains www.trenitalia.com Click on the UK flag for translation

Buses from Lucca www.vaibus.com/pdf/Extraurbano4feb13.pdf

www.discovertusany.com

www.lucca.ca

www.aboutpisa.info

The Vai bus will take you from Pisa airport to Lucca and other destinations as will the Trenitalia train

Visits to the Uffizi (Brill !!) www.uffizi.org

Nuri ( Fazakerley)

Edited: 25 July 2013, 09:34
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains to Florence

I took a train, be sure to stamp (what they call validate) your ticket before boarding the train. They will charge you extra if not validated since that ticket can be used over again, just ask when they sell it to you. I'm sorry I can't remember what train it was.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,147 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains to Florence

Tickets for Regionale trains can be used on any train and must be validated before you get on the train by time-stamping them in a machine at the station.

Other trains have seat reservations, so the ticket can be used only on one train. These tickets do not need to be validated.

4. Re: Trains to Florence

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2014, 07:24