We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Hello,

I have been looking for accomodation in Lucca for a few months now, but think I'm being too picky! So, it's just me and my husband for a week in July, flying into Pisa, with no car! We'd like to be in walking distance or 10 minute bike ride to the walls of Lucca. We'd like to stay in an agriturismo with a pool and with countryside views. We are planning on spending days in Lucca, having picnics al fresco and then day trips by train or bus to Florence, Pisa and Siena. Oh, and this will be our first time to Tuscany!

Am I looking for the impossible?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,498 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

You say that you have been looking for months already and you have found nothing.

You want to stay at an agriturismo.....which is by definition a farm.

In the country.

You are only considering one destination.....Lucca.

And you need to be able to walk from this farm....in the country....into Lucca.

"Am I looking for the impossible?"

I'll let you answer your own question.

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

This was my first post to a forum asking for help. We've travelled a fair bit and I like to do my research on where we go, in order to gain maximum enjoyment. It is incredibly disheartening when you ask for advise from a page where you believe you're going to get genuine answers, only to be met with sarcasm.

Yes, we chose Lucca and only Lucca. This was for many reasons, but due to medical problems, would not get car hire abroad with a temporary licence and therefore after looking at various places and ease of transport came to this decision.

I am aware that agriturismo means farm. Thank you for clarification though.

There are several 'farms' within walking distance of Lucca. We just haven't found one that is suitable due to lack of pool, bike hire or just does not fit our needs. As it happens,

I live in the countryside and also within close reach of a city. Therefore, I did not feel it impossible to find similar elsewhere.

I was hopeful that someone helpful would reply and I hope they still do.

It is so disappointing knowing that people must enjoy posting unhelpful responses to pleas for assistance.

Have a good evening.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,498 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Gen.

You put together your list of criteria.

Has to be in July.

Has to be an agriturismo.

Has to be near Lucca.

No car.

Has to be walking dstance to Lucca.

Has to have a pool.

Has to have countryside views.

You state that you have looking for something for months and you have not found anything to meet your needs.

You ask " Am I being too picky?"

and

"Am I looking for the impossible?"

And then you get offended when someone AGREES with you.

Would you rather that everyone lies to you and says "No, that completely realistic. You will find something for sure."

It was you who put together the list of everything that you "need."

You haven't found anything that suits you after months of searching in a very defined area....around Lucca.

You might want to look at modifying your "needs."

UK
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Agriturismo Ai Linchi is 4km outside Lucca and has a pool as well as bikes, according to the reviews.

We've never stayed there - just found it through Googling.

United States
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Without knowing where you have been looking, budget, and a few other factors, here are a few places that might meet your requirements from AirB&B. I used a random date in July, you'd have to look at the calendars for specific availability.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/330411…

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1487012…

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/460216…

TAB

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Thank you! So our budget is around £800 for accommodation. I have been looking at Il Casale di Nanni, Marta guest house, Villa Cheli and Castello di Mammoli. I know they exist, so maybe I need to get better at looking!

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Very difficult to find something to your exact criteria, we've faced the same issues for most of our trips due to the fact we dont want to drive. There is a few bike shops in Lucca that will rent out bikes for longer than a few hours so dont worry about the accommodation providing this. Why does it have to be an agriturismo ? Is there anything you specifically want to do there ? If you can forego that your options will be greater. See my review for Villa Gabriella .

Breckenridge...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Wednesday . April 9, 2014

Please check out this B&B. We will be in Lucca for a month this summer and have rented an apartment. However, we need to spend one night in the area before the apartment is available. The reviews for this place are WONDERFUL, and we are so eager to meet the owners of the B&B. If you do decide to stay at this place, please let them know that the couple from Colorado (spending July 4th at their place) recommended them.

They are about 1 or 2 km outside the walls, but there is bus service to their place. Let me know what you do.

B&B Don Chisciotte

Paola Massagli

Tel.0039 0583 999266

info@donchisciotte-lucca.com

www.donchisciotte-lucca.com

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
467 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Gen1, there is efficient Lucca tourism board working on line as well, with happy staff to comply the most challanging requests from which you can expect comprehensive answers or alternatives avoiding silly arguments.

turismo@provincia.lucca.it

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lucca agriturismo with no car... Please help!

Lucca with no car is a great choice. There are actually several properties within and outwith the walls with their own pool.However as you are hoping for July you may have left it too late to get exactly what you are hoping for. There are several lovely villages close by Lucca with good transport links e.g. Montecarlo or Collodi where you may find an agriturismo but if not then several B&B's have pools and gardens. Views may be another matter and you wil probably have to look further afield - somewhere like Montecatini maybe, which is on the main train line to Florence and Lucca and also links to the coast. Hope you are successful.

Get answers to your questions about Lucca